Coloring with the help of Ombre technique gives the appearance expressiveness and originality. By and large, in the hairstyle, with such color, there is no need – the game is good in itself. Is it possible to make Ombre at home?
Features of technology
Ombre is the original hair coloring technique in two colors with the transition of one tone to another. There are various Options: From the roots to the tips, a dark tone can go into a light or light tone to move into a dark.
Permissible when any natural tone goes into bright, unexpected color (pink, blue, green, purple). At the same time, if, when switching one natural tone to another border, it certainly blurred, then in the case of transition to a bright unusual tone, it can be expressed very sharply.
The additional advantages of the transition of the dark tone to light are in some effect of burnt hair, and also allow you to make a small trick: with a dark tone, quite approximately close to your native, you can increase the time between coloring, as the reversing roots will be noticed little.
Cut the dyeing of ombre is not more difficult than the usual. Consider this process in detail.
Preparation of funds and materials
For dyeing, you will need:
- Selected paint+
- Painting Capacity (Bowl)+
- Latex gloves+
- paint brush+
- Tassel for applying a clarifier+
- Foal Food+
- hair clips or gum+
- Air conditioning (Balsam).
Foil should be cut into strips about 10 centimeters.
The length of the strips should be a few centimeters longer than the staining zone.
Choosing materials for staining is quite varied. It will simplify the task of acquiring a set for Ombre, in which the necessary components are already selected in the necessary proportions, as well as detailed instructions for them. The disadvantages of this method can be an increased price (for convenience) and the lack of sale of the desired.
In the cabin often use Broaddorane, which requires acquiring also oxidizing agent.
Here is a risk to overdo it with a concentration, so it is recommended to leave the choice of this procedure for professionals.
The simplest and gentle option – paint for light hair containing the clarifier. Bright contrast will not work, but the hair will be healthier.
How to do?
We describe the phased process of staining in 2 colors at home. To begin with, we note that the head before staining is better not to wash, and even better – do it 2 days before the procedure.
- Prepare all the necessary funds, you need to carefully comb and slightly moisten the hair. Then split the entire volume of the chapels on a straight sample, each part of sharing more, using a clamp or gum. Similarly, we get 4 tails – 2 on each side of the face.
If the hair is thick, tails need to do more.
- Now we prepare the clarifier: without forgetting to put on gloves, mix the ingredients in the bowl according to the instructions on the package. If we decided to lighten the blonderan, then the oxidant is added by volume 2 times more than blonde. Mass should be homogeneous and without lumps.
- We apply a clarifier with a brush that usually enters the kit for staining. Starting from the tips of the strand, we move the top from the bottom, slightly reaching the gum, trying to apply the composition evenly. Dyeing should be quickly so that the clarifier does not have time to dry. 10-15 minutes should go to the entire procedure.
Some masters advise to pre-twist strands to the harnesses to make the border between the clarified and non-aluminous sections more blurred.
- Then every tail wrap in foil as follows: put onto the middle of the foil along, wrap from the edges, and the bottom edge bend upstairs and on the sides so that the foil does not slip the foil. Hold about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove foil, wash the clarifier and apply it again – now on 5 centimeters higher. We are waiting for 10 minutes and wash your hair again.
- The latter once again brighten the ends of the hair. We apply a clarifier on them, wash it off after 10 minutes. After that, my head with shampoo and balsam.
If you have little experience in order not to reap the clarifier, it is recommended to check whether the desired tone turned out. Need to look at a small strand of minutes after 20. If the color is satisfied with the color, wash off the clarifier from all over the chapels. If the shade is required lighter, wait another 10 minutes and check the result again.
Another secret is that after washing the clarifier, hair should be painted with light paint containing leaving components (vitamins, oil) so that the transition looks more natural. Also it will give hair the necessary food. All modern paints contain nutrients, so it is not necessary to recommend some particular brand.
After clarification, the hair needs to be dried before proceeding directly to staining. Well, if you give them to dry in a natural way.
Step-by-step guide to staining looks almost the same as to clarification.
- Hair must be divided into strands and gather in the tails. Preferably twist in harnesses. The more tails, the natural way will look like.
- Owing gloves, divorced paint, accurately observing the instructions. Remember to ventilate the room.
- Tassel for staining Apply the paint from the bottom up. The paint should cover the entire clarified area and go abroad with a non-aluminous. So a smooth transition to color will be achieved.
- Hold the paint so much time as indicated on the package. The effect will be better if you wear a special hat or cover the head with cellophan.
- Wash the paint with warm water. Keep in mind what to do it is also in gloves. Then gloves can be removed, and wash your head with shampoo for painted hair using the regenerating balm.
This is a common painting technique, universal for those who solve this procedure to do at home. Now consider the features of hair coloring of different lengths.
On short hair
Hair divide on strands and stain with brush from the bottom up from the tips. On short haircuts, the border of staining is usually located at the level of the middle of the ear. Each painted strand withstand the wrapped in foil about half an hour – as written on the package. Then remove the foil, rinse the head shampoo for painted hair and the dry hairdryer.
Now ting the roots. We put paint on the roots and the comb distributing it so as to capture already painted areas. Thus, we get a smooth transition of one color to another. Paint hold for 20 minutes, then wash off, again my head shampoo with a balm, after which we give curls to dry.
Long hair is the most suitable option for ombre, as the transition looks especially natural. Length makes it possible to diversify staining techniques – not classic 2 colors, and 3 and even more. You can make staining diagonally, you can highlight individual strands. On long curls, the border of staining usually passes at the chin level.
Hair moisturizes, divide on 4 tails, then we paint from the ends of the tails from the bottom up, slightly below the gum. Watch in foil, as described earlier, and keep for about 30 minutes, depending on the instructions. My head and dry. Next, you can toned roots, as described in the case of short hair.
Ombre on medium hair is especially recommended for long square, bob-kara and similar haircuts. Stylish haircut especially looks in unusual colors, for example, white with raspberry. Stylishly looks elongated lateral strands, painted in a bright color. When having a medium length with highlighting the bottom of the hair, natural burnout of strands is mimic.
Ombre technique will also help adjust the form of a face, in a classic style (dark top, light bottom) Painting makes a face more elongated, thinning. Cutting option with bangs makes it possible to allocate and bangs – for example, painting her tips.
When distributing the time of staining along the length of the hair, it should be noted that the paint should be kept in the first stage of staining for 5 minutes longer than the following, so the smooth transition color is achieved.
There are many ways of staining, differing in the choice of materials and technology. You can, for example, color hair in 3 stages, flashing them alternately. Strands should be moistened, lighteous plot visually divide into 3 parts. The first plot is maintained in foil for 20 minutes, two others – 10 minutes each.
Transitions to another tone will be smoother, if you use the comb instead of tassels for staining.
For light and dark hair, coloring technique is little different. The main difference in the color and concentration of the oxidant when using blonde. During light hair, oxidants are recommended from 3 to 6%, and with dark from 9 to 12%. On light hair, it is also impressive for any bright, unusual color.
For brunettes there are 4 especially popular ways to color Ombre.
- Classic (in two tones), in which dark strands smoothly go into bright.
- Imitation of the reversing roots, When the black color goes into bright enough high, in the area of the temples.
- Three-color staining, and with a pronounced boundary. Speecically look at non-standard colors, especially in bright brunettes.
- Selective Ombre, With the allocation of individual strands or bangs.
Consider the process of independent dyeing hair. In this case, the paint for Ombre is recommended to choose for 2 tones lighter. For contrast good any shades of caramel color or dairy. You can also try copper-red color.
Following the instructions, in line with paint in the bowl, then get the hair and divide into separate strands. Paint applies from the bottom, bottom to up to about the middle of the site that will be painted. Strands Hold wrapped in foil 20 minutes. Then the paint must be washed away, and getting my head with a towel.
The following applying paint – from the ends to the border of staining, now keep the paint 15 mnut. Wash again. The next step – dimming the top of the hair from the roots. Paint applied on the roots with a tassel and then pull it up to the border with the clarified area. Let’s wait 10 minutes and my head with the use of Balzam. Then give hair dry.
Blonde hair gives big space for fantasy and experiments with different colors. Classic ombré assumes a clarification that gives the effect of burnt hair. But the reverse version is possible – blackout the bottom of the hair and the so-called effect of the roots. Make himself easily.
For light hair, paint is usually chosen by 2 tones darker. Preparing the necessary materials, it is necessary to breed the paint as it is written on the package, put it on the roots and wait 15 minutes. Now, on top of the first layer of paint, apply another and combing to root to the estimated border of staining. Wait another 10 minutes.
The border can be done even or to put on the diagonal – this is achieved using hair gum, which fasten their hair in the tails and form the desired line. Washing the paint and slightly drying his head with a towel, you can once again toned the ends of the hair, if the desired effect is not reached. After waiting for minutes 20, my head with balm and dried.
Often there are doubts – is it possible to make Ombre on painted hair, especially dark. If you already have a pro in the area of painting with your own hands, and thoroughly know the features of your hair and paints, which always use, then surely achieve the desired result. But if you are a beginner, it should be borne in mind that the interaction of paints sometimes gives unexpected effects, so it is best to entrust the procedure for an experienced master.
And if you are for experiments, then it is worth remembering that the painted hair should be first discouraged.
Ombre technique gives the effect of increasing the volume of the hair, and due to the wide range of paints and the methods of applying them is suitable absolutely to any person and is possible on any length of hair. However, there will be no superfluous advice.
- When choosing paint, it is recommended to give preference to natural dyes, professional paints or well-known manufacturers.
- Carefully read the instructions on the paint packaging and follow her, otherwise you can spoil your hair.
- When buying paint, the first thing to pay attention to – the paint should not contain ammonia. Non-ammmonic paints are safer for hair structure and contribute to the preservation of their natural beauty.
- Before painting, it is recommended to cut hair tips, otherwise they can post after coloring and spoil the impression of the procedure.
- The room in which staining is carried out should be well ventilated, including during the procedure.
- Do not forget to protect your clothes from random paint contact – it is better to put on some old T-shirt or a robe that is not sorry.
- Dry hair after painting preferably naturally.
- If there is a fear of a risky experiment, you can first limit the painting tips of the hair.
- After staining, it is worthwhile the head is no more often than in a day, but ideally – once every 3-4 days.
- Color can hang out or gradually wash off, it is adjusted with a tonic or shampoo of a suitable shade.
- Dry hair hairdryer preferably portray. And other thermal procedures (curling or straightening) better not to hold at least the first month after staining. It is necessary to give hair to recover after transferred stress, which Ombre is undoubtedly, even in a gentle version.
- For the yellowed ends of the hair, you can apply a purple skeleton shampoo – it will give an interesting ashon.
- The uneven border of staining gives the transition naturalness, so in natural shades do not try to keep it too strictly.
- On the damaged hair of Ombre, like any painting, not recommended. First you need to treat curls.
- Ombre update required after 3-6 months.
How to make Ombre at home, you can see in the following video.