High-quality oral cavity hygiene is not limited to regular cleaning of teeth in the morning and evenings. It is necessary to supplement the procedure for the use of dental rinse. But this approach does not guarantee the full purification of all contact surfaces of the teeth and interdental intervals. It is always there is always going to the tax, which in time decomposes and becomes the cause of the development of caries and periodontitis. Prevention of such problems can be the use of dental filament – floss.
Every tooth has five surfaces. The brush is capable of cleaning the front, chewing and pagan parts. To purify the remaining contact side surfaces you need to use dental thread. She better removes the raids, settling at the lines of the game, thereby preventing the development of gingivitis and inflammation of periodontal tissues.
A kind of mixture mixture with a thread, made in the shape of a slingshot, is called a floss. With the help of a stretched thread, it is convenient to sew to hard-to-reach places for their effective cleansing. A similar product is much more convenient to apply than the usual thread-floss: it is not necessary to make long manipulations with the thread, releasing and wind on your fingers, widely revealing the jaw for more access to distant teeth.
The tooth thread on a stick is convenient for cleaning the teeth, but not without flaws – the floss in the toothpick does not always succeed tightly pressing the surface of the tooth, as is done when manipulating with “manual” thread from the box.
There are several varieties of threads with the holder. There are specialized threads for cleaning dentures and orthodontic plates. Such a thread has a wide fibrous end with one of the parties, which allows you to effectively process the surface of the prostheses. From the other end of the thread is impregnated with the wax basis and pointed, which allows it to be used in narrow, hard-to-reach places. Those who carry braces, simply need threads of this kind. Standard brush is difficult to fully clean such a surface.
Patients who first decided to take advantage of such a device, preferably start cleaning with a more sparing version of a floss with a filament of a flat cross section. For greater efficiency, the dental filament on the slingshot may be impregnated with various compositions. For disinfection, chlorhexidine is usually used as impregnation, coping with pathogenic flora in the oral cavity. And if it is necessary to strengthen the dental enamel, the threads, impregnated with sodium fluoride. There are conventional hygienic formulations for improving the smell of mouth.
The Flosser is effectively and safely cleans the interdental space, only if you choose it correctly. If when buying a toothpicks with thread, the peculiarities of the dental location in the dentition is not taken into account, there is a possibility of injury to gums. In addition, there are a number of contraindications to the use of such dental machines:
- The presence of carious cavities+
- Bloodfaction of Dysen.
Before buying such a product requires a consultation of a dentist to determine the features of bite, shape and condition of the teeth. With incorrect or insufficient use of floss, unwanted complications may appear.
Dental filaments are different types and differ in the form.
- Round. Cross cut made in the form of a circle. Visually, this option is similar to the usual thread, only a much smaller diameter. Patients are shown with large interdental intervals. For the same purpose, tape flots are recommended. Volumetric dental threads are similar to round, but differ in the ability to slightly increase in size in a humid environment, when contacting saliva in the oral cavity. Such flosses are recommended for diseases of the periodontal, the recession of the gums, the destruction of the sheek and the roots of the teeth.
- Flat. Used with a dense arrangement of teeth (crowned). Flat cross section thread capable of penetrating between tightly located teeth for effective cleansing.
Also, flossors are divided into processing quality.
- Forest. Smoother, with fibers adjacent to each other. They are additionally processed by wax, the thin layer of which provides a slight slip and penetration into the most inaccessible places. But this species has a disadvantage consisting of relatively low strength. In addition, the low force of friction does not allow fully cleaning the interdentary space with such flosses. Dentists recommend using them to those who have a lot of teeth with fillings, and teeth are tightly pressed to each other.
- Unfiguous. Have a fibrous structure for effective dental removal. In the process of cleaning, the surface is placed on separate fibers, which contributes to the processing of the larger area of the dental surface.
For the manufacture of dental yarns use different materials. Reusable toothbrows are made from Plastic. This material is optimally suitable for this purpose, since it is small and easy to care. Plastic toothpicks are with one and two threads suitable for children or adults, to purify braces and processing implants and T. D.
Dental threads can also be chosen by type.
- Silkova. Silk is a natural material. It turns out sturdy and thin toothpicks, one of the most sought-after.
- Nylon. Synthetic nylon is no less qualitative than Silk. Such flossors are more affordable and distributed.
- Teflon. High quality Teflon has a sliding surface and is able to penetrate the most hard-to-reach places.
- Konron. Strong synthetic polyamide fiber suitable far from all.
What frequency will be more appropriate? There is no unequivocal answer to this question, since the choice of dental threads are quite wide. Each view has certain advantages and shortcomings. When buying a toothpick with a handle, it is important to adhere to the recommendations of the dentist and take into account your own needs.
Determining with a suitable machine for cleaning an interdental space, you need to take into account your dental features relative to the thickness of the thread:
- For wide gaps between the teeth, a flat ribbon floss is suitable+
- Narrow interdental intervals are better cleaning with highlights of flossors, which are easier to slide in the constrained space+
- For traveling more comfortable to use disposable flossors or threads, packaged portion.
Dental threads on the handle are suitable for use on business trips and in the resort, comfortable at home.
They are suitable for elderly people and everyone for whom to carry out threads from the macs in a standard container. The flossors on the handle are the perfect option for those who have no opportunity to purchase electric toothpick with thread. And let all manipulations have to do themselves, but it is available, hygienic and convenient.
Releasers are available with a flexible holder, on a long and short handle, simple shape and in the form of animal figures, especially for children. With complicated teeth care, in the presence of orthodontic structures and bridge prosthesis, the use of a superfloss is shown – a special variety of filament toothpicks with sections of different structures.
Terms of application
The floss with a thread in the role of toothpicks on a plastic holder is easy to use by destination. Even a child will cope with this task.
- Handle holds in one hand.
- Movements in different directions are made without effort and push. Machine water up-down in a zigzago order by the same principle as when using a floss with their own fingers.
- The thread is not pressed between the teeth so as not to injure the guys, the cleaning machine is moving from and along the gums.
Regarding how it is better to use a thread – before or after cleaning a toothbrush – the opinions of dentists differ. Some experts believe that before you need to remove the main row to the brush, and after removing the remaining part with the thread. And others are confident that it is possible to properly proceed on the contrary, otherwise you can remove the fluorides left on the surface of the teeth after treatment of dental paste – whenever they provide the prevention of caries. According to the latest research, the second option is more efficient. At the same time, dental associations are recommended to come on the basis of their own preferences, since it is better to use a thread in principle than not to use it.
If you correctly apply a manual machine with thread, the daily oral cavity hygiene will be much more efficient, which will positively affect the state of the teeth. In addition, this approach will provide more fresher breathing and open smile.